|Programs||Day of the Week||Time||Month||Location|
|Football||Saturdays||3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.||August - November||Pine Trails Park|
|Basketball||Sundays||9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.||January - March||Terramar Park|
|Soccer||Saturdays||3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.||November - February||Pine Trails Park|
|Kickball||Saturdays||TBA||November - February||Pine Trails Park|
|Running||Sundays||3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.||October - November||Terramar Park|
|Tennis||Sundays||9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.||March - May||Terramar Park|
|Golf||Saturdays||3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.||November - February||Parkland Country Club|
|Yoga||Wednesday||3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.||January - March||Pine Trails Park|
Parkland Buddy Sports offers 8 sports programs that run throughout the calendar year.
The programs service all children with special needs regardless of physical or mental diagnosis ages 4 and up.
Each game day is divided into specific parts:
- 1st: One on one time between players and volunteers
- 2nd: Group stretch and warm up.
- 3rd: Game Time!
A more typical game is played on one field or court and non typical games, where each player has the opportunity to control the play, take place on the other fields or courts. The younger players have their own game area.
Everyone wins when:
- Players step on the field or court
- Players overcome their perceived limitations through hard work and effort
- Smiles, laughter, and friendship are happening!
Through positive reinforcement and friendship our players achieve new levels of success each time they come out to the fields. The majority of our volunteers are local high school students. We also register mature middle school and elementary school students, and there is always a need for adult volunteers. The number of players the program is able to enroll is dependent upon the number of volunteers who sign up. As a result, the commitment from our volunteers is not casual, they are required to attend at least 80% of the game days. This attendance and commitment is critical because our players count on their buddy being there for them. Through their mutual interaction, ignorance and stereotypes are overcome. Our volunteers learn patience, understanding, tolerance and their ability to change the life of another person and visa versa!
Goals of Parkland Buddy Sports Programs:
- Create a safe, happy environment for our players and their Buddies to have fun playing sports
- Foster a bond between players and Buddies
- Promote the message that we are all differently abled
- Create an awareness and sensitivity among our Buddies to the needs of the players in our program
- Encourage our volunteer Buddies to incorporate our messaging, awareness and understanding into their everyday lives
- Provide a respite for our players families so they can enjoy their childrens’ accomplishments on the field
- Promote patience, understanding and love so that each Buddy engages their player with encouragement and positive motivation to help our players overcome their own perceived fears or limitations
The motto of Parkland Buddy Sports is “NO LIMITS”
Weather Events and Game Cancellations
The City of Parkland determines if the fields will close due to inclement weather. If you have any questions about the fields closing, please contact the city of Parkland field condition hotline number below:
(954) 757 – 4110
However, if the City of Parkland indicates that the fields will be open, but if the Board of Parkland Buddy Sports feels that the conditions are unsafe to play due to weather conditions, we will contact YOU. We will also contact you due to the following:
- If we cancel a game or activity
- Threatening weather
If you do not receive a call from us, then we will be playing and volunteers and players are expected to show up.